Diese Webseite wird momentan übersetzt - sie wird bald in deutscher Sprache verfügbar sein.
Wir danken Ihnen für Ihre Geduld.
The single administrative document (SAD) is a form used for customs declarations in the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, Turkey, the Republic of North Macedonia and Serbia. It is composed of a set of eight copies each with a different function. Using one single document reduces the administrative burden and increases the standardisation and harmonisation of data collected on trade.
Read more on the presentation and use of the form.
Where is the Single Administrative Document used?
- In the EU, the single administrative document is used for trade with non-EU countries and for the movement of non-EU goods within the EU.
- Since the 1987 Convention on the simplification of formalities in trade in goods it also applies to the territories of the EFTA countries (Switzerland , Norway and Iceland), Turkey (since 1 December 2012), to the Republic of North Macedonia (since 1 July 2015) and to trade between these countries and the EU.
- Finally, it remains applicable in certain extremely limited cases of movement of EU goods inside the EU (for example: possible individual measures for the period of transition following the accession of new Member States, trade with parts of the customs territory of the EU which are not part of the fiscal territory of the Member States).
The document covers the placement of any goods under any customs procedure such as: export, import, transit where the new computerised transit system (NCTS) was not used, warehouses, temporary import, inward and outward processing, etc.
- Council Regulation (EU) No. 2013/952, of 9 October 2013, laying down the Union Customs Code ("UCC")
- Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) No. 2015/2446, of 28 July 2015 July 1993 supplementing Regulation (EU) No 952/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council as regards detailed rules concerning certain provisions of the Union Customs Code. ("DA")
- Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2015/2447, of 24 November 2015 laying down detailed rules for implementing certain provisions of Regulation (EU) No 952/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council laying down the Union Customs Code. ("IA")
- Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) 2016/341, of 17 December 2015 supplementing Regulation (EU) No 952/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council as regards transitional rules for certain provisions of the Union Customs Code where the relevant electronic systems are not yet operational and amending Delegated Regulation (EU) 2015/2446. ("TDA")
- An EFTA - EEC Convention on the simplification of formalities in trade in goods and a convention on a common transit procedure were concluded between the EEC and the EFTA to facilitate the use of the SAD as a transit document for goods moving between the EU and these countries and between the EFTA countries themselves.
More on data harmonisation and coding in the:
More information on data collected and codes used by Member States on a national basis for procedures, certificates, documents and authorizations.
Guidance documents to ensure uniform implementation and a common understanding of the legislation concerning the SAD.