NEW : Apply for a BTI decision through the EU customs trader portal
As of 1 October 2019, all BTI-related processes are electronic and economic operators have to introduce all new applications electronically. See ‘Apply for a BTI decision’ for more information.
Customs duties payable on imports/exports and other related provisions
The rate that must be paid – and any related requirements, such as import/export certificates – depends on the tariff classification applicable to the product.
To have legal certainty in advance that you are applying the correct classification to your goods, you should apply for a Binding Tariff Information (BTI) decision.
Features of a BTI
How to use a BTI
You must apply your BTI to customs procedures when importing/exporting your goods. You must declare it in your customs declaration.
Viewing current BTI decisions
You can view all currently valid BTI decisions in the public BTI database. The decisions are made public for transparency reasons, but all confidential information is protected.
- General information
- Customs authorities issuing BTIs
- Apply for a BTI decision
- General information on applications for BTI
- BTI application form
- Validity period of BTI decisions
- EBTI database
- Legal basis
- Administrative guidance on the BTI process
- e-learning modules on the EU Customs Trader Portal for BTI
- Classification of goods
- How can I access the EU Customs trader portal?
- General informations about the EU Customs trader portal ?
- Access the EU Customs trader portal
- Central Uniform User Management and Digital Signature system (UUM&DS)