As of 1 October 2019 the EU Customs Trader Portal is the single point of access to interact with those EU customs systems that are connected to the portal.
The EU Customs Trader Portal provides a single access point to the online systems for “Authorised Economic Operators” (AEO), the “European Binding Tariff Information” (EBTI), the Information Sheet on Special Procedures (INF) , and Registered Exporter system (REX).
As the aim of this portal is to harmonise the accesses to the different EU customs systems, it is expected that in a near future all other EU customs systems will be connected to this portal.
How it works
Authentication to access the EU Customs Trader Portal will happen through the “Uniform User Management & Digital Signature” system (UUM&DS).
Economic operators and other persons need to possess an Economic Operators Registration and Identification number (EORI) and the appropriate roles assigned to access the system.
In order to obtain an EORI number and role, economic operators and other persons need to contact the competent authority for EORI registration in the country where they are established. After being authenticated in UUM&DS, end-users will be able to:
- interact with customs via the connected IT systems;
- manage tasks and notification;
- register their email address in order to receive the notifications also by email;
- have a complete view on submitted applications and requests;
- save a draft of an application or request for later submission, and manage these drafts;
- manage attachments, which are used in the applications and requests.
Accessing the systems
The portal and the customs systems can be accessed after authentication through the UUM&DS.
System for EU traders to manage authorisation assignments (delegations).
In this module, accessible via the Common Communication Network (CCN2), National Service Desks can view technical monitoring of the activities in EU Customs Trader Portal and the Specific Trader Portals (STPs)
- User manual of the EU Customs Trader Portal
- e-learning modules on the EU Customs Trader portal
- National Service Desks Contact Points of the EU Customs Trader Portal
- Legal notice containing a disclaimer, a copyright notice and rules on both personal data protection and the use of the EU emblem by third parties