The Committee on Customs of the Free Trade Agreement between the EU and Singapore has adopted on 20 December 2022 Decision No 1/2022 amending the Origin Protocol of that FTA.
The Decision will enter into force on 1 January 2023 and it will be publish in the Official Journal, C series, in the coming days.
The Decision covers the following elements:
- Protocol 1 is updated to the 2022 version of the Harmonized System
- For EU exporters, the system of ‘approved exporters’ is replaced by the system of ‘registered exporters’.
It means that, as from 1 January 2023, importers in Singapore have to claim the tariff preference by means of statements on origin made out by EU registered exporters, indicating their REX number and no longer by means of ‘origin declarations’ indicating an approved exporter authorization number.
To facilitate the transition, the Decision provides for a transition period which ensures that Singapore customs will still accept origin declarations made out by EU approved exporters until 31 March 2023.
- The coverage (but not the volumes) of 3 origin quotas for Singapore exports to the EU is extended.
For any question regarding this Decision, you may contact Christophe FONTAINE (Christophe.email@example.com) from DG TAXUD/Unit A6.
- Datum der Veröffentlichung
- 21 Dezember 2022
- Generaldirektion Steuern und Zollunion