ILIADe, Inter Laboratory Inventory of Analytical Determination
ILIADe is a database of the analytical methods initially developed as a shared directory by the Italian Customs Agency and currently hosted by the European Commission. Its main purpose is to improve the effectiveness of customs laboratories by providing them with an easily accessible and up-to-date compilation of analytical methods, they are required to use for customs and excise purposes, as well as for authenticity and quality controls, consumer health protection and environmental controls.
The database contains official analytical methods, international standards and in-house developed methods. The methods and contacts are also available to third countries upon special request.
The ILIADe database content is discussed and validated by a dedicated project group.
There are links between the different actions led by the Customs Laboratories European Network; for example, Action 2 activities (inter-comparisons and method validations studies) often result in validated methods that will be included in the ILIADe database later.
CLEN methods are meant to help Customs Laboratories to deal with Customs issues, with a global common harmonised approach.
A CLEN method is an analytical procedure established and used by Laboratories for Customs and Excise purposes when no other official method is available or when a method with known performance criteria is required. The scope of the method, its description and its performance characteristics are defined within the framework of the CLEN Actions. The method is then adopted by the CLEN during a Plenary Meeting.
Mineral oils - Euromarker
- Community Reference Method for the Determination of the Euromarker (Solvent Yellow 124) in Gas Oils and Kerosene - ILIADe 113
Food and beverages
- Determination of the cocoa content in food products by quantification of theobromine and caffeine by HPLC - ILIADe 112
- Determination of Sugars in Food Products using High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) - ILIADe 122
- Determination of Total Fat Content in Food Products - ILIADe 179
- Determination of milk fat content in fat extracted from food products - ILIADe 374
- Determination of Ethanol in Alcoholic Products by GC-FID - ILIADe 143
- Determination of Denatonium Benzoate in Alcoholic Products by HPLC-UV - ILIADe 280
- Determination of Isopropyl Alcohol and Methyl Ethyl Ketone in Alcoholic Products by Gas Chromatography Flame Ionisation Detection - ILIADe 453
- Gravimetric determination of a fraction of tobacco with cut width of less than 1.5 mm - ILIADe 555
- Identification of tobacco by transmitted light microscopy - ILIADe 580
Drugs and unknown substances
- Recording of Mass Spectra of Organic Substances such as New Psychoactive Substances or Designer Drugs with a Mass Selective Detector after GC Separation - ILIADe 403
- Recording of Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectra of Organic Substances such as New Psychoactive Substances or Designer Drugs - ILIADe 553
- Recording of High-Resolution Mass Spectra of Organic Substances such as New Psychoactive Substances or Designer Drugs - ILIADe 554
- Identification of Substances using FT-IR Spectroscopy - ILIADe 556