Skip to main content
Taxation and Customs Union

How to declare?

If you enter or leave the EU with EUR 10 000 or more in cash, you must declare it to Customs.

The forms to be used in the Member State are available in all EU languages. They are annexed to the Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2021/776.

Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2021/776

Please make sure you use the appropriate EU Cash Declaration Form of each country where you enter or leave the EU.

You can only declare in the languages available for the country where you enter or leave the EU.

Non-EU language versions to help you

Customs authorities will accept the EU Cash Declaration Form only in their official national language(s). However, you can also use the following 10 non-EU language versions as reference documents to help you understand the form and complete it correctly:


The above is indicated only for information. If you plan to travel with EUR 10 000 or more, you are advised to contact the Member States' competent authorities to enquire about the formalities to complete.